This project encourages…
Exploration & Learning Through Play
Development of Fine Motor Skills
Recommended for ages 12+ months.
How to Make Your Own Homemade Bath Paints
Homemade Bath Paints are so simple and inexpensive to throw together; all you’ll need are a few things you probably already have around the house, anyway. They’re wonderful to have on hand as an easy learning activity, a welcome distraction for a cranky toddler or every night bath-time fun for your little ones.
What You’ll Need
- Small containers to store your paints in (recycled baby food jars work well).
- Plastic (so they won’t rust in the bathwater) paintbrushes.
- Food coloring: red, blue & yellow; you can mix any other color from these three primary colors.
- Your favorite bottle of clear baby bubble bath.
- Three small bowls to mix your paints in.
- Three spoons to mix your paints with.
What You’ll Do
- Pour a little bubble bath into each of your bowls.
- Add food coloring (I used 6 drops of each color for each bowl).
- Gently stir the food coloring into the bubble bath.
- Pour the mixed paints into your containers, and you’re all set!
At bath time, brush a few swatches of each color onto the side of the tub and let your kiddos loose with their paint brushes to create, learn, mix colors and play to their little hearts’ desire!
Well, at least until their fingers and toes are all wrinkly. 😉
Oh, and don’t worry; even though it looks like a disaster of a mess, it’s really not.
After all, it’s just soap.