Pumpkin Photo Frame Tutorial
** Recycled post from 2012 **
For more another pumpkin decorating idea, check out my Footprint Pumpkin Tutorial.
This time of year agrees with everyone, it seems.
Cozy sweaters and ruffly scarves, cooler temperatures, colorful leaves, stealing back that precious hour of Daylight Savings Time we lost in the Spring, and let’s not forget the pumpkins.
We love pumpkins in pies, on our doorsteps, and even in our coffee.
If you’re looking for a not-so-traditional jack-o-lantern to light up with a different kind of smile this year, give this project a try.
I think you’ll love it. So will your kids. And, your neighbors, too.
Make Your Own Photo Frame Pumpkin
What You’ll Need:
- A pumpkin.
- A carving knife.
- A large spoon (for scooping seeds).
- A ruler.
- A washable marker.
- One of your favorite 4×6 photos.
- One quart-sized Ziplock bag.
- Push pins.
- Sticker scrapbook frame and decorating materials.
- Vinyl letters.
- A little patience 😉
What You’ll Do:
- Carve a lid around the stem of your pumpkin, and scoop out all of the seeds.
- Make sure the face of your pumpkin is clean and dry.
- Draw a 3×5 inch rectangle onto the face of your pumpkin with a washable marker.
- Carefully cut out the rectangle with your knife, and clean up the edges to make them nice and neat.
- Once again, make sure your pumpkin is clean and dry on the outside.
- Get creative! Decorate however you wish.
- When you’re all set, slip your 4×6 photo into the Ziplock bag to protect it from the moisture of the pumpkin.
- Place your photo where you want it on the inside of the pumpkin, so it is perfectly displayed through the pumpkin frame.
- Secure it in place, if necessary, with push pins.
- Finally, find the perfect spot in your house or on your doorstep to display the cuteness!